For centuries, lead was the material of choice for water lines and was still being used into the early 20th century. Due to obvious health concerns, lead pipes should be replaced as soon as possible. St. Albert and Edmonton area residents who suspect they may have lead lines are encouraged to call us for a free water services consultation.
A leaking or broken water line can cause headaches for your family or your business. Flooding and water damage are costly concerns and mould and mildew create additional worries. Your property and valuables are at risk of loss or damage and water service can be interrupted resulting in extreme inconvenience and threatened peace of mind.
Our water services include, but are not limited to:
- Water line tracing, repair or replacement
- Installation and maintenance of CCs, valves and risers
- Repair, replacement and maintenance of hydrants and saddles
- Supply of temporary water by tapping in to adjacent services
- After hours repairs to avoid minimal disruption to your home or business and restore service as quickly as possible
- Emergency call-outs
Damage to water lines can be due to a number of factors:
- Corrosion can cause pitting. These “pits” can develop, over time, into small holes, causing leaks. This type of damage is most common in cast iron pipe.
- Leaks create additional moisture content around the pipe increasing the potential for further corrosion. The soil erodes around the pipe, removing the supportive bedding and increasing the potential for line collapse.
- Temperature changes can wreak havoc on water lines. As the ground freezes and thaws, the soil expands and contracts, creating pressure, heaving and movement. Frost will lift CCs and lengthy periods of winter cold will increase the chance and frequency of water breaks.
- Poor installation processes and workmanship, weak joints, incorrect pipe depth and size, and fluctuating water pressure can also cause damage.
Jaguar Water & Sewer Services Ltd is proud of the services it provides for residential and commercial clients in the St. Albert and Edmonton Area.
Request a Quote
We can help! If you would like to request a free consultation and estimate, visit our contact page for information on how to reach us. We value your business!